Sunday, August 06, 2006

Could it be September?

The June referral families received their travel approvals a few days ago - about 5 weeks after they received referrals. On some of their blogs, they have indicated that they will be flying to China in a week and a half! That's about 6 1/2 weeks from the referral date. Does this mean we may go in September? Our fingers and toes are crossed.

It's a weird feeling. We haven't met Zoe yet, but now that we've seen the picture, I feel a sense of separation. We're her parents, and it's time for her to come home. I think we all feel it. That said, it seems like there's a lot that we need to do to be ready. The list really isn't THAT long, but it feels long.

And yet, we still have important things to focus on here at home. Like the fact that Doug and Katie start school tomorrow. Everyone is excited - even our dog, Rosie (but then again, she's always excited, except when she's asleep.)

2 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I hope your travel comes quickly. She's a beautiful little girl.

Shannon
(also a new member at 1st coast FCC)

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Kelly (Mike, Zane and Mia Jade) said...

Congratulations! Zoe is beautiful. I am a new FC/FCC member in the waiting families group. We just mailed our finalized dossier to our agency last week so we are a year+ behind you. I can hardly wait to see our daughter but until them I love seeing others get their referrals! And I think she looks like a Zoe! Hope you get your TA soon. I'll be following your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home