Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Highs and Woes of Mid September

OK, so we're looking at a tentative travel date of September 15. A Friday. We're overjoyed at the possibility of having Zoe home in early October, and can't wait to get in the air.

But ain't it a kicker that Saturday, September 16 is being billed as one of the best college football weekends in many many years! I love college fooball; I'm a huge Florida Gators fan; and UF plays Tennessee on that day. Damn the scheduling gods! But more than the UF-UT matchup, there's also:

FSU vs Clemson, Miami vs Louisville, Auburn vs LSU, Michigan vs Notre Dame, Nebraska vs Southern Cal, Oklahoma vs Oregon . . . It's almost like New Years Day!

But alas, I am on a more important journey. Florida will play Tennessee yet again in 2007, but I only get one chance to get my daughter Zoe. And if the scheduling gods say September 15, then that is what it will be.

I will plan to proudly wear my Gator shirt in Beijing and yell "Go Gators" from atop the Great Wall. Maybe that will be enough to help them win the game.

2 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Blogger Kelly (Mike, Zane and Mia Jade) said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Kelly (Mike, Zane and Mia Jade) said...

Boy if I knew your were Gators...just kidding! I'm a Nole but I was nice and married a Gator. Who said a mixed family could be a challenge? We've lived that for 10 football seasons!! Go Noles!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home