Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Perfect Gifts

Part of the Chinese adoption process involves gift-giving. We are expected to give gifts to various people in China as a sign of respect. Those people include the Orphanage Director, the nannies who cared for Zoe (and other children), and certain Anhui officials yet to be named. The gifts are supposed to represent America in some way.

Well we finished buying our gifts today, and I must say that it's very hard to find items that are NOT made in China. Anyway, Lisa got the nannies some Clinique makeup in a nice red canvass bag (which is made in China - we'll probably cut off the tag), I purchased a blue Florida Gators hat (made in Bangladesh) for the Orphanage Director, and I got Gator shot glasses for the Anhui officials. With the UF gifts, I just figured it made sense to get things that showcased my country, my state, and my family at the same time.

While we were out, we got matching Gator cheerleader outfits for Katie and Zoe. One day in China, we'll all get dressed in our Orange and Blue to take a picture, and post it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home